Careers / Positions Copy Editor - ZDNet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
ZDNet is seeking a full-time Copy Editor who will edit content about innovative new products and technologies in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The Copy Editor will be part of the team responsible for content quality and consistency across the site. The role requires a person with attention to detail, a knack for juggling multiple tasks, a genuine curiosity about technology and innovation, and a high emotional IQ.
What You'll Do
- Edit content for style, tone, and flow
- Correct grammar, punctuation, and formatting errors
- Conform content to in-house style
- Fact-check content and review sources for quality
- Collaborate with writers and editors to resolve inaccuracies
- Adapt to changing editorial guidelines and help maintain documentation
- Enter and format stories in CMS and optimize with key elements and modules
- Be a mentor junior copy editors
- Contribute to project work as assigned
- Write great headlines and descriptions, and select compelling images to represent stories
- Use analytics and other tools to track and optimize story performance
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of experience as a copy editor
- Interest in technology and innovation preferred
- Superb editing skills and a firm grasp of AP Style
- Experience working in a content management system
- Proficiency in meeting deadlines and prioritizing workloads
- A team player who excels in cross-functional settings
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of SEO best practices and what it takes to create content that ranks
- Meticulous organizational skills
- Must be adaptable and flexible; priorities change rapidly and regularly
- Must be trustworthy, committed, considerate and a good listener
- Experience as a copy editor at an online publication
- Experience cropping and resizing images in software such as Photoshop, Pixelmator, or Pixlr
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.