Careers / Positions Senior Tech Writer - ZDNet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
ZDNet is seeking a full-time Senior Writer who will write, edit and publish advice and best lists. The role demands a person with attention to detail, a passion for the written word, and a sincere curiosity about new products and innovations in security and web services.
What You'll Do
- Write and publish daily stories under deadline
- Engage in hands-on product testing and analysis to offer buying advice to the ZDNet audience
- Work with companies to procure new products to test
- Write great headlines and descriptions, and select compelling images to represent stories
- Scan press releases and social media to discover new products in security and web services
- Write on assignment, including reviews, product lists, how-to, and other stories
- Use analytics and other tools to track and optimize story performance
- Contribute to timely content opportunities, including Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Amazon Prime Day and similar shopping events
- Develop feature stories that provide deeper value to readers, demonstrate the brand's authority and help consumers make decisions about the products they buy and how they use them
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of digital journalism experience
- Experience covering technology, innovation or related topics (VPN, web hosting, and VoIP preferred)
- Experience evaluating and analyzing products
- Experience writing under tight deadlines
- Meticulous organizational skills
- Experience with spreadsheets (Excel and/or Google Sheets)
- Experience with task management software (Asana)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet daily deadlines
- Must be adaptable; since the media and tech industries are two of the fastest changing industries on the planet, priorities change rapidly and regularly
- Must be trustworthy, committed, considerate, and a good listener; high emotional IQ
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.