Careers / Positions Sr. Security Operations Engineer
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As a Senior Security Operations Engineer, you will be a core player that participates in and leads multiple security efforts. You will support and develop our defensive security capabilities, identifying threats to Red Ventures and its brands, developing and implementing countermeasures. All while being a great person to work with. In this role, you are expected to build and grow the skillsets of less experienced engineers on the team and build influence throughout the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement SOC and other systems integrations through automation and orchestration utilizing languages such as PowerShell, Go and Python in a multi-cloud environment.
- Take an engineering approach to infrastructure and operations, solving security problems with software and automation; take ownership of the hosted infrastructure ensuring that it meets the needs of the product with a particular focus on data security and resilience.
- Stay up to date with TTPs that may apply to Red Ventures and define and implement mitigation techniques to improve our overall risk posture
- Recommend automated and proactive security measures to help improve our security posture
- Mentor other members of the security team to help level-up those around you
- Take part in the Security Operations on-call rotation. Including leading all incident response efforts and documentation during your contribution to strategy, risk management and prioritization for all efforts around detection and response rotation.
- Produce high-quality written and verbal communications, recommendations, and findings to management.
What We’re Looking For
- Strong technical knowledge and deep experience in cloud infrastructure (AWS or GCP) and/or software development
- Capable of leveraging scripting languages to solve practical day-to-day security challenges. Example leveraging RESTful API’s to integrate various tools.
- Proficiency in infrastructure automation tools like Terraform & Ansible, or equivalent eg CI/CD.
- Experience with cybersecurity operations and are experienced at working to understand challenging problems. Then use software development or scripting languages to solve them.
- Interest in and strong desire to work with security logging and monitoring, detection and response, vulnerability assessment, risk-based analysis, and vulnerability mitigation.
- Foundational understanding of major security disciplines including defensive, offensive, architecture, engineering & software development
- Top-notch problem diagnosis and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.