Careers / Positions Path Forward Return to Work Program | Software Engineer
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Red Ventures is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Red Ventures, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. Returners will have the opportunity to re-skill through our internal bootcamp and will have additional support through the program from a peer technical mentor and a community buddy. You’ll also have support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving, to transition back into the paid workforce
In this Returnship, as a Software Engineer at Red Ventures, you can drive your own progress. You won't just write code; you will own product development and tech solutions across multiple businesses. Our Software Engineers guide our tech community towards amazing solutions. You can work on a variety of things that include: development of SaaS-based projects, live chat platforms, web analytics suites, live streaming dashboards, and more. You will be part of a team that works together to explore new boundaries and test new technologies. We maintain a tight loop between development, feedback and deployment, which allows us to build world-class solutions to our business, marketing and data quandaries.
At the end of this Returnship, those participants who have demonstrated their ability to succeed and make an impact at Red Ventures will be considered for a full-time position.
What You'll Do
- Iterate - Red tape doesn’t get in our way. We believe in "Making Every Second Count" so we test and deploy weekly.
- Take Ownership– Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full-ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Collaborate – Better than making the dream work, teamwork makes the code work. Through open work-space, Slack and peer reviews, our teams work together to build amazing solutions.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new frameworks, learn new languages and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
What We're Looking For
- Capability to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code
- Depth of knowledge in front-end and/or back-end technologies
- Familiarity with cloud technology like Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Intellectual curiosity with a desire to work with large data sets and compelling business challenges
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; comfortable translating between “business-speak” and “tech-speak”
- Strategic mindset, ability to quickly prioritize business needs and conceptualize creative and effective technology solutions
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves
- Ideal team players: hungry, humble, and smart! We value those who are curious and strive to be great people to work with
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria. If you find yourself checking several but not all these boxes and are interested, we strongly encourage you to apply. At Red Ventures we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, and are invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.