Careers / Positions Executive Vice President of Technology - Financial Services
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Bankrate, a Red Ventures company, is seeking an Executive Vice President of Technology to lead our Financial Services Portfolio.
The EVP of Technology will be a member of the Red Ventures Financial Services Senior Leadership Team, and report into the CEO of the vertical. You will lead the innovation of our technology strategy for current and future Financial Services brands and business sectors, with the goal of becoming the premier consumer platform in the Financial Services space. Successful business and technical leaders at Red Ventures are analytical, creative, and collaborative. We are passionate about data and drive for simplicity and results. A successful technical leader will lead through data and insights, obsess about customer outcomes in every decision she/he makes, and lead by developing the trust and respect of teammates.
What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with Brankrate CEO and Leadership team to grow the Financial Services portfolio via a robust and innovative technology strategy
- Directly manage and mentor a team of 120+ technologists to broaden their skills, increase their day-to-day effectiveness, and ultimately grow their careers
- Build capabilities in your people and processes to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, risk mitigation and success of the Financial Services technology organization
- Build an inclusive and performance driven team culture, inspiring cross-functional teams to collaborate as a cohesive and highly productive unit
What We’re Looking For
- 15+ years of experience building and leading large, geo-distributed, performance-driven, multi-functional technology teams
- Cutting edge technologist with extensive, relevant, hands-on engineering experience across multiple platforms and languages
- A true growth-stage leader - one who loves that every day is different where no task is too small; an entrepreneurial spirit that is flexible, experimental, and resourceful
- Outstanding influential verbal and written communication skills; the ability to effectively present ideas and concepts to senior internal and external stakeholders
- Believer in healthy conflict who easily navigates through disagreements and helps others reach win-win resolutions and productive conclusions
- A strong desire to lead a team and a keen ability to coach and mentor passionate technology leaders
- A hunger to win followership and a desire to be an active and collaborative thought partner
- Commitment to technical, data and privacy risk mitigation
- A sense of humor!
- Experience in the Financial Services sector preferred but not a requirement
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures spans 5 continents and employs more than 3,500 people. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including CNET, Healthline Media, The Points Guy, Bankrate and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.