Careers / Positions Writer/Researcher - Higher Education Trends and Data, BestColleges.com
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is seeking a writer/researcher to cover higher education trends and data for BestColleges.com. We're looking for someone comfortable with numbers who can dig through public datasets, parse out meaningful trends, and organize data for dynamic on-page visualizations.
As a higher education writer, you will closely follow issues like college affordability, student debt, enrollment trends, and graduation statistics. You should be nimble, creative, and curious, capable of anticipating trending issues. A collaborative mindset and ability to work as part of a team is a must.
What You'll Do
- Write 2-3 data-driven pieces per week covering a variety of higher education trends, such as this one.
- Gather and fact-check data according to editorial guidelines and best practices.
- Monitor news and trends related to higher education.
- Maintain a list of publicly available datasets and keep articles up-to-date with the latest numbers.
- Occasionally write larger feature stories or special reports.
- Learn and employ SEO best practices to ensure content is highly visible in search engines.
What We're Looking For
- 1-3 years of experience as a writer or freelance writer with demonstrated experience working with data, charts, and graphs.
- Familiarity with higher education is a plus, but not required.
- A bachelor's degree in English, journalism, a social science, or data-centric field.
- A portfolio of published work.
- In-depth research skills and high attention to detail.
- Familiarity with AP Style and journalism fundamentals.
- Self-motivated with a track record of success managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices is a plus.
- Familiarity with WordPress is a plus.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.