Careers / Positions Senior Manager, Marketplace Strategy- CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
To support our exciting business growth, we are actively recruiting a Senior Manager of Marketplace Strategy to join the Media team at Red Ventures (RV), with an initial focus on the CNET family of brands (CNMG). RV acquired CNMG in Fall 2020, thus making it the largest digital holding company globally - and this is just the beginning.
Do you have a passion for consumer insights? Always striving to bring data to live in new and exciting ways? If so, come join our team! CNET Media Group is looking for a data-driven storyteller to join our growing Marketplace Strategy team to lead our custom research initiatives including proactive thought-leadership studies, co-branded partner research, trend reports, reader panel, white papers, etc.
The ideal candidate will not only be well-versed in all things research, but possess a creative flair for bringing the data to life in a clear, compelling way—always thinking both analytically and creatively.
What You'll Do
- Develop innovative custom programs for advertisers that leverage the brands and capabilities of the CMG portfolio, including CNET, GameSpot, TV Guide, and more, across media, data, audio, social, custom content and experiential
- Serve as the voice of the client, collaborating with the Brand Strategy team to brainstorm and develop new offerings based on market signals
- Work in lockstep with Sales partners to develop strategies for revenue growth, identifying and translating big-picture client needs
- Collaborate effectively across the Integrated Marketing organization, working with colleagues to grow and innovate processes and programming
- Interface with various stakeholders across the organization to assemble compelling programs, including Editorial, Branded Content, Experiential and Product teams
- Generate high-quality deliverables in various formats, breaking down multi-faceted programs into digestible presentations
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of the evolving media landscape, including competitors, new platforms and formats, trends, and talent
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience
- Exceptional writing skills, with experience in packaging creative ideas into deliverables
- Strong presentation skills (internal and external)
- Experience in developing deliverables at a publisher, brand, agency, or other content-based entity
- Working knowledge of digital media deal components and media planning
- Category expertise in Technology, B2B, Finance or Telco is preferred
- Writing samples strongly encouraged with submission
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.