Careers / Positions The Points Guy | Points & Miles Reporter
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Points Guy is looking for an experienced reporter to cover points and miles. This person must have working knowledge of credit card, airline and hotel loyalty programs and have a passion for the travel industry. An editorial background is preferred, but not a requirement.
The ideal candidate is good at cultivating contacts across the travel industry to be among the first to report on breaking stories, as well as knowledgeable about airline and hotel loyalty programs. Responsibilities will include brainstorming ideas with the editorial team, and writing, editing, and posting stories throughout the day.
What You'll Do
- Write news stories, guides and first-person accounts ranging from strategy pieces on maximizing points and miles to covering loyalty program changes and industry news.
- Become an expert in the major airline, credit card and hotel loyalty programs.
- Develop sources and search for unusual travel deals daily that can then be quickly reported.
- Track airline, hotel, and loyalty program news, then pitch, write, and edit stories based on that information.
- Develop and grow a network of travel industry sources to get regular scoops and help pinpoint breaking news.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of airfare and hotel deals.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge of various airline, hotel and credit card loyalty programs.
- Understanding of where and how to research information and data on loyalty programs, airlines, and hotels, and whom to reach out to at individual companies or organizations for more information.
- A team player who can easily switch gears from one beat to another, including from rapidly produced news stories to more in-depth features according to priorities.
- A passion for points and miles and the travel industry as a whole.
- Polished, confident writing and grammar skills, experience writing in AP Style.
- Interest in learning more about rewards credit cards is a must.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.