Careers / Positions Senior Writer, Credit Cards | Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As a Senior Writer for the credit cards team, you’ll be responsible for contributing to and executing on strategy for credit card content. You’ll pitch and write articles covering all things credit cards: card usage, issuers, rewards, points and miles, credit scores, advice, news and more. You will work on your own stories, larger assigned stories that require in-depth reporting, as well as some SEO content. You’ll also have opportunities to spearhead special projects and other content initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Pitch, research and write original articles, as well as SEO-driven pieces, that educate broadly, furnish specific recommendations or provide insightful analysis on credit card-related topics
- Identify breaking industry news to cover and offer a fresh perspective on industry trends
- Produce high-quality content that’s informative, well-written and engaging
- Leverage proprietary and industry data to generate story ideas and make informed decisions about editorial coverage
- Work with colleagues on cross-functional projects
- Consistently improve the quality of Bankrate’s editorial coverage
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience as a reporter/writer
- Strong understanding of the credit card industry
- Established domain authority – you’re comfortable taking an authoritative stance and can provide actionable advice
- Experience leveraging sources and interviewing subject matter experts
- Demonstrated ability to stay on top of deadlines and manage multiple assignments
- Willingness to accept and effectively incorporate feedback
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Outstanding analytical thinking
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience using AP style
- Special interest in a specific aspect of credit cards, e.g. travel or building credit
- Existing list of sources in the industry and a readiness to grow that list in this role
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.