Careers / Positions Director, Accounting
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Director of Accounting
What You’ll Do
- Assist with the preparation of period-end financial statements and supplemental reports.
- Provide technical accounting support and oversight for significant and complex transactions.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and accounting standards such as ASC 606, ASC 842, FASB 86, and other fixed asset and capitalization guidelines.
- Assist with the external annual audit process.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with banking and insurance laws.
- Manage monthly financial close and reporting including statements and forecasts.
- Receiving, processing, and recording all requests for approved and documented disbursements.
- Assist with the oversight of the cash management function, including maintenance of domestic and international bank accounts, cash balances and preparing cash requirements forecasts.
- Ensuring adequate financial controls.
- Providing ad hoc financial reporting as needed for our international businesses
- Maintain a working relationship with partners, managing directors, and strategic investors.
- Forecasts capital requirements and identify/analyze capital sources.
- Ensure quality internal controls over financial transactions and reporting are documented, tested, and maintained.
- Utilize existing accounting systems to automate processes and reporting where appropriate.
- Assist with accounting and financial activity for acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures.
- Coordinate with corporate development, corporate accounting teams, and internal tax teams as needed.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance and CPA is required.
- Minimum 10+ years progressive accounting & finance experience with demonstrated leadership and success in a Controller role
- Proven experience in international accounting and corporate consolidation
- Proficiency utilizing financial systems and reporting packages as well as Microsoft Office products
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Digital marketing industry experience is helpful
- Experience with Workday is a plus
- Excellent communication, organizational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player and possess a good sense of humor
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.