Careers / Positions Site Reliability Engineer - Healthgrades
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will communicate, and operate under a DevOps approach to automating the process of infrastructure changes, building tools and frameworks, providing capabilities for measurement and transparency, providing an exceptional infrastructure platform, serving as experts on topics such as testing, monitoring, scalability, fault tolerance, AWS/application infrastructure.
What You’ll Do
- Serves as a DevOps advocate to engineering teams and accountable for reliability and stability of Healthgrades.com as well as platform and services that support it
- Assesses customer requests and changes to business solutions in terms of cost, benefits, and impact for enterprise-wide optimization
- Provides guidance to customers and business analysts regarding the performance, customer service, and cost management issues related to a proposed technical solution
- Provides support to infrastructure incidents and alerts
- Participates in the development of Request for Proposals
- Use the Scrum framework to collaborate with your team and stakeholders
What We’re Looking For
- Experience developing and implementing on DevOps standards, processes and tools
- Experience in configuration and operating systems management and data and business analysis
- Experience with cloud platform - deployments and services (AWS preferred)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Node, C#, and Python
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with Relational databases MSSQL, MYSQL, cloud RDS, and Snowflake is a plus
- Experience with Ansible, Cake Build, and AWS services like Cloudformation, Lambda, EKS, and App Mesh is a plus
- Familiarity with observability and monitoring tools
- Proficiency with internet technologies, programming languages, database systems and infrastructure
- Ability to understand and translate user conceptual requirements into software solutions
- Ability to adhere to strict software design principles, policies, and implementation deadlines
- Ability to identify defects and collaborate with product owners to ensure resolution and/or redesign
- Ability to communicate detailed information – verbally and in writing
- Ability to coach and train co-workers on policies, processes, and best practices
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $80,000-$140,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Bonus Potential: 5% annually
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We will use the remainder of 2022 to separate from Red Ventures and fully transition into the new entity. We will communicate fully and transparently along the way, honoring the culture, people, processes and spirit that got us to this point.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to join a team that’s changing the game in the healthcare space? Healthgrades.com is the leading online marketplace to find and connect with the right doctor, the right hospital and the right care. Half of all Americans who visit a doctor this year will visit Healthgrades.com as part of their healthcare journey.Learn More about Healthgrades
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.