Careers / Positions 2023 Launch Program: Associate Data Analyst Intern
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Every day, we help millions of people discover pertinent information that helps them make some of life’s biggest decisions, from their education to their home to their finances, among the variety of industries in which we operate. Whether you work with a brand you know or a brand you’ve never heard of, you’ll know that your work is being seen and making a difference.
As a company that focuses on culture above all else, our people are the mission. No matter your background, you can quickly find your place at RV among the 4,500 other employees who believe in making every second count, getting better every day, and being the change they wish to see in the world.
Launch Your Career
Skip the “entry-level grunt-work,” and start making a real impact on Day 1. As part of the Red Ventures Launch program, you’ll find unparalleled opportunities to make a real impact and advance your career – fast.
Whether or not you know what you want to do “when you grow up”, Red Ventures is a great place to jump start your career, offering a variety of opportunities to learn, grow, and build your experience across a multitude of roles, teams, and industries. You’ll have access to business leaders and mentors who are invested in your growth and focused on helping you forge your career path. The possibilities to unlock your potential are truly endless.
Internships at RV
We don’t believe in busy work, and we definitely don’t believe in wasting time or talent on “getting coffee.” As a Red Ventures Intern, you’ll learn what it’s like to be a full-time analyst, expected to contribute new ideas, take ownership of meaningful projects, and make a real impact on our business. Your opinion and perspective are valuable and your team will be there to support you along the way.
Typically, RV Interns own 1-2 large projects over the summer. With guidance from your manager, you’ll develop strategy, build tests, pivot, improve, and iterate until finally presenting results to your business team and RV senior leadership at the end of the summer.
Our culture is built on feedback, and our interns are no different. You’ll receive two structured performance reviews over the summer, where your manager will work with you to identify key strengths, opportunities, and goals. Top-performing interns will be eligible for full-time offers at the end of the summer.
Beyond the workload, you and your fellow interns will have weekly lunch & learns or team building challenges, a case competition, mentorship from both peers and our leadership team, social events, and more to help introduce you to your team, the company, and the surrounding Charlotte community.
What You'll Do
Transform millions of impressions and unstructured data from our digital properties into powerful insights that help us deepen connections between brands and consumers.
We’re tight-knit, fast-paced and even faster-growing teams working with a large amount of complex data. In this role, you’ll identify new growth opportunities, build powerful visualizations, unearth actionable insights, and help scale one of the world’s most powerful platforms for growing digital businesses.
- You'll build relationships with business teams and technology teams to identify new opportunities for deep analytics on customer behavior, site performance, and product functionality
- You'll work with team members to size and pitch business opportunities powered by our data solutions to get stakeholder buy-in
- You'll conduct hands-on, advanced analytics using multiple data sources originating from different applications and different systems, utilizing statistics to identify significance, noise, and correlations in data that improve business performance
- You'll synthesize strategic insights derived from your analyses to make recommendations about customer experience and marketing investment digital marketing
- You'll build and launch data products to satisfy project requirements and see them through to adoption - this may come in the form of visualizations, notebooks, and/or algorithms
What We're Looking For
- Graduating Winter 2023 or Spring 2024 with a relevant undergraduate degree such as math, statistics, computer science, or systems engineering
- June 2023 cohort start date
- Ability to collect and mine data from disparate data sources, and willing to dig deeper and understand the process that creates data
- Demonstrated ability to drive decisions and behavior changes through analytical capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data into actionable insights and communicate recommendations to leadership
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a track record of working well with business stakeholders
- Knowledge of machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization, with experience working directly or indirectly on a related problem (e.g., Python or R)
- Foundational analytics toolkit - Data extraction, manipulation and visualizations (e.g., SQL, Pandas, Tableau, Ggplot)
- Entrepreneur mindset with strong business acumen and capability of coming up with creative ideas to create value for consumers and businesses
Sound like you? Apply now!
We offer a world-class employee experience:
- Subsidized meals at our onsite cafes, smoothie bars and coffee bars (aka $4 for a made-to-order salad, sandwich, pizza, or sushi, or $2 for a delicious smoothie or latte)
- Free onsite fitness classes, premier wellness center (with Pelotons!), spin studio, basketball court, and yoga studio
- Casual dress code – yes, that means jeans!
- Hybrid-work – Mondays and Fridays from the comfort of your home and other days in the Charlotte office with your fantastic coworkers
About Red Ventures
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures