Careers / Positions Director of Data Science | BankrateApply Now
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Director of Data Science will contribute to ongoing data science efforts, growing and developing the data science team, and identifying significant business opportunities where data science can create meaningful value. You’ll help us better leverage our full-funnel of data to optimize our existing businesses, guide decisions, and set a data science strategy that will secure our position not just as a partner to clients but as a leader in the digital marketing industry.
Red Ventures is a highly collaborative, fast-paced, results-driven atmosphere. You’ll also be counted on to mentor and guide less experienced data science analysts and serve as a business interface for the data science team.
- Define, articulate, and execute the product strategy for our AI product teams - focused on use cases such as content generation, video generation, and experience personalization.
- Partner with the executive team to identify the key business drivers and align product strategy to these business drivers.
- Bring a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and develop a deep understanding of how our editorial, SEO, and marketing functions operate to ensure alignment with your product roadmap and their needs/opportunity areas.
- Blend a deep understanding of state-of-the-art AI methods (large language models, deep learning, reinforcement learning) with deep business context to set a technical product roadmap.
- Present ML product roadmap and vision to key business executives to gain alignment around core milestones and resourcing.
What you'll need
- 7+ years of experience blending product expertise and machine learning practitioner background.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering high business value strategic initiatives
- 4+ years experience coaching, training, and developing data scientists and product managers
- Deep expertise in relevant areas of machine learning and associated technologies - Tensorflow, GPT-3, NLP, large language models, Python, reinforcement learning
- Background in marketing, consumer, or advertising analytics preferred
- Confidence in engaging, presenting and when necessary respectfully challenging senior members of the leadership team
- An advocate for agile project management methods
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.