Careers / Positions Data Engineering Lead I HomeApply Now
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As a Data Engineering Lead at Red Ventures, you’ll manage a small team of data engineers that build data products and create the foundation that powers our machine learning and business analytics efforts. You’ll work hand-in-hand with a variety of stakeholders from functional groups across the organization to create end-to-end solutions. Red Ventures is a high-autonomy, high-ownership environment; you’ll own your work from idea to production solution. Our data engineering tech stack is primarily AWS and Spark/Scala via Databricks, though we welcome strong applicants from a wide variety of technical backgrounds. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams. Think of the bullets below as guidelines: if you only partially meet the qualifications on this posting, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Our Data Engineering Leads on the HOME vertical are responsible for Managing, Coaching and Mentoring a small team of data engineers with 70% managing and still 30% functioning as an Individual contributor to build data pipelines and data warehousing solutions that power products like a fraud detection tool. They build scalable systems, lead technical discussions, participate in code reviews and guide the team in engineering best practices. Provide Learning and Development Opportunities to the team. Define and Manage priorities to the team by working with business stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Iterate - Red tape doesn’t get in our way. We believe that "Speed Trumps Perfection" so we test and deploy daily.
- Autonomy – Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full-ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new frameworks, learn new languages and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
- Lead - as a lead/SME to the team building large scale, real time data pipelines with spark.
- Partner - work with a cross functional team of data scientists and analysts to understand business requirements leverage our data
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in managing data engineers
- 8+ years of total experience in software development
- A technical leader who can guide and coach team of data engineers
- Experience with Scala or Java
- Experience with one of the major cloud providers (we use AWS but we welcome candidates with experience in Azure or GCP)
- Experience with one of the major data warehousing solutions (we use Redshift but we welcome candidates with experience in Snowflake, Oracle or Teradata)
- COVID-19 Update:
- Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.