Careers / Positions Staff Machine Learning Engineer, Deep Learning, Data Science Products | Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We are looking to hire a staff machine learning engineer to join our Data Science Product team in our FinTech industry group. Recently formed, we are charged with building AI-powered solutions that will change how our teammates operate and how our brands go to market. We're developing applications that will impact how we produce media, personalize our site experience, scale our teammates' reach, and provide our services to every consumer. We're a growing team made up of a mix of data scientists, machine learning engineers, analytics engineers, software engineers, designers, and product managers. We welcome candidates from different backgrounds and believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams.
What You'll Do
- Research the state of the art of machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization technologies, and their applications in digital marketing, digital media and e-commerce.
- Create innovative data science solutions to create value for consumers and business by advancing technology ideas into proofs of concept.
- Initiate and lead the execution of data science research and product development often with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams. Collaborate with stakeholders to drive decisions.
- Act as an effective technical liaison to the business leaders. Work effectively across business, creative, and engineering groups to build a positive culture.
- Mentor and/or manage junior members on the team and internally serve as a subject matter expert. Contribute to the cross-organization technology strategy and roadmap for data science.
- Help create and promote an inclusive environment where team members feel comfortable and empowered.
What We're Looking For
- 6+ yrs of professional experience in a data science role with an MS or PhD in STEM with a focus in ML, statistical modeling, or optimization.
- Our core problems to solve are:
- text and video content generation - using natural language processing and generation, deep learning, computer vision, and explainable supervised learning.
- website personalization - using contextual multi-armed bandits and other reinforcement learning approaches.
- marketplace optimization - using forecasting, multi-level modeling, linear programming, and other constraint-based optimization approaches.
- Candidates with specific expertise in any of these areas will be highly preferred.
- Expert knowledge of deep learning for NLP, e.g. RNNs, LSTMs, Transformers and associated libraries - tensorflow, keras, or pytorch.
- Ability to own key deliverables and use problem solving to deliver projects on time and iterate when justified by potential, incremental value.
- Entrepreneur mindset with strong business acumen and capability of coming up with creative ideas to generate value for consumers and business with a proven track record of advancing research ideas into production.
- Proficiency in one or multiple literate statistical programming languages like R, Python, or Scala. Our machine learning team primarily builds production algorithms in python, but we are open to candidates with different backgrounds.
- Experience leveraging technical expertise to identify the feasibility of potential machine learning projects, ensuring the team is delivering value on feasible projects.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.