Careers / Positions Product Designer - Healthgrades
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthgrades is looking for an experienced Product Designer to join its growing team. In this role, you will join a team creating user-centered, digital experiences that deliver on Healthline’s promise to help all people live well.
This role calls for a mature individual who is highly skilled in Design Thinking, user-centered design processes, and interface design. Experience working with design systems, user research, product and project management is required.
The right candidate for this role will be highly-organized and collaborative; with a passion for solving problems cross-functionally. But you won’t go at it alone — you’ll work alongside a collaborative cross-disciplinary team of designers, writers, engineers, product managers, and UX researchers.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with other teams (product, editorial, marketing, engineering, SEO, business) to create innovative, world-class digital solutions that our users can’t live without.
- Execute user experience design for complex, multi-step user flows across Healthgrades with a specific focus on commerce experiences.
- Solve problems, understand business goals, and explore innovative design approaches while working with product teams to plan and build iteratively.
- Digitally whiteboard, wireframe and create high-fidelity prototypes and interactions to clearly articulate your design intentions.
- Support user-centered exercises like co-creation, design sprints, and other UX-based techniques.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to tackle product challenges while identifying user pain-points and making recommendations to drive end goals.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to understand technical restrictions and possibilities.
- Champion a consumer-based mindset and be an advocate on behalf of our users.
- Contribute to, refine and build RV Health’s future design systems.
- Present and share work with cross-functional teams while clearly communicating design rationale and the importance to end users.
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of product design expertise across various platforms (web, mobile, apps, etc.) —delivering solutions that exceed expectations
- Strong portfolio of work samples illustrating your design work and original approaches to user problems
- High proficiency with design and prototyping software and tools, including Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud
- High familiarity with the full spectrum of product design: from user research to interaction and visual design
- Exceptional skill designing interfaces with a high familiarity of current conventions and approaches
- Comfort and skill working closely with product, user research, and publishing teams, using collaborative and agile approaches
- Experience working with research plans, personas, and customer journey maps/experience maps
- Experience sketching and storyboarding designs that range from small ideas to complex experience concepts
- Experience estimating product design project efforts and managing your individual workload
- Experience working directly with developers, sharing design hand-offs to development and QA for sites
- Strong knowledge in Accessibility and DEI requirements
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A passion for learning, tinkering, making amazing things, and a drive to grow
"Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements."
- Starting Salary: $70,000 - $100,000
- *Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We will use the remainder of 2022 to separate from Red Ventures and fully transition into the new entity. We will communicate fully and transparently along the way, honoring the culture, people, processes and spirit that got us to this point.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to join a team that’s changing the game in the healthcare space? Healthgrades.com is the leading online marketplace to find and connect with the right doctor, the right hospital and the right care. Half of all Americans who visit a doctor this year will visit Healthgrades.com as part of their healthcare journey.Learn More about Healthgrades
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.