Careers / Positions Senior Analytics Engineer, Data Science | Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
About the role
We are looking to hire a senior analytics engineer to join our AI Product team in our Financial Services industry group. Recently formed, we are charged with building AI-powered solutions that will change how our teammates operate and how our brands go to market. We’re developing applications that will impact how we produce media, personalize our site experience, scale our teammates’ reach, and provide our services to every consumer. We’re a growing team made up of a mix of data scientists, machine learning engineers, analytics engineers, software engineers, designers, and product managers.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the value created from our product suite. You will directly work with our data scientists and engineering groups to propose technical solutions, work with the product team to turn those proposals into roadmaps, and then build data pipelines that enable our product functionality and analytics capabilities. As we release iterations of the product, you’ll interact with end-users to get feedback on improvements to our analytics and visualization layer as well as gain stimuli on what other data sets we should add to our pipelines to increase the overall value of our offerings. We are looking for someone who can greatly impact our product suite from a technical perspective and can become a SME on their product’s domain.
Given that this team is new, you will get to solve problems where we have not yet created the playbook. You’ll get a chance to build some solutions from scratch while helping us scale and enhance recent releases. This also means you’ll get to play a part in multiple different projects and features. You will get exposure to all facets of the development from the UIs, the algorithms, and the back-end services that power both.
We believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams. Think of the bullets below as guidelines: if you only partially meet the qualifications on this posting, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What You’ll Do
- Develop and own data pipelines that power core functionality of our product suite and algorithms
- Manage and enhance our analytics layer to drive our product analytics and end-user-focused reporting. This could include initial validation, continued quality assurance, new transformations, new aggregation grains, or new data sets,
- Own data extraction (apis, scraping, S3 buckets, etc.) - both in execution and identification of what data sets would add value to our models and product suite.
- Work closely with data scientists to implement outputs from your data pipelines into their algorithms. Help with data-enhancing work streams such as feature engineering and help with job orchestration such as setting up DAGs and managing notebook dependencies
- Contribute to our visualization layer and work directly with product to drive adoption of our datasets and dashboards
- Partner with the product team to build technical roadmaps and diagrams. Be a part of the ideation of what features we want to build and the feasibility of accomplishing them
- Mentor jr. analytics engineers and data analysts and help progress the analytics engineering function across the organization
Who you are
- You are analytical. You solve problems with a data-centric approach. You take in information and prioritize effectively to maximize lasting impact
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with strong business acumen and are capable of coming up with solutions to create value for consumers and business partners
- You have a strong technical and data foundation that enables you to communicate effectively with other data and technology professionals and explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- You are results-oriented. You enjoy figuring out new problems and are regularly showing results with a positive attitude
- You thrive in ambiguity. You can ingest various data points and feedback to form a new playbook and framework in situations where there isn’t a perfect solution
Experiences we are looking for
- Demonstrated track record of building complex data pipelines and analytic solutions
- Demonstrated ability to enable business decisions and behavior changes through data products/models. Clear understanding of the problem you have solved with your pipeline/product
- Demonstrated ability to help identify areas of opportunity where advancements could be made and led the creation of delivered output
- Demonstrated experience in data-related programming languages (e.g. SQL and Python) and cloud data platforms (e.g. AWS or GCP)
Bonus points if you have:
- Been a part of a product team
- Executed directly or partnered with data scientists on machine learning problems
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.