Careers / Positions Senior Editor, AI-Powered Content | Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We are looking for a Senior Editor to join the content portion of our Data Science Product team on Bankrate. In this position, you will work closely with Editorial, SEO, Data Science and Product to create content at scale using AI-powered solutions. You will help develop and oversee processes, learn and improve our content generation platform, and develop unique educational content across thousands of web pages.
This role will be a part of a newly formed group of editors within Data Science Product who will solve for how we produce AI-powered content while maintaining editorial integrity and meeting our high quality standards. This work will help us scale our editorial teammates' reach while creating content that addresses our audience’s financial questions. Passion for innovation and a process mindset are required.
What You'll Do
- Use AI-powered products to build full-length articles from scratch
- Edit content at scale by executing a defined content workflow
- Rewrite content as needed, then load into the CMS (WordPress) for publication
- Implement Bankrate’s editorial guidelines to ensure content meets our high quality standards
- Partner with leaders on Editorial, SEO, Data and Product to solve problems and build a positive culture
- Adapt to changing editorial guidelines
- Contribute editorial input for continued product improvement
- Help create and promote an inclusive environment where team members feel comfortable and empowered
What We're Looking For
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in content, media or a related field (candidates with experience working with some type of automated content preferred)
- A passion and fascination for automated content
- Comfortability making frequent prioritization decisions and shifting focuses
- A process-minded operator who can effectively oversee automated content production from start to finish
- Ability to learn and contribute to our content generation platform
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- An astute sense of appropriate style, voice, tone and content flow
- Solid understanding of AP style
- Creativity and a passion for editing, with a sharp eye for detail in copy
- Experience editing and/or consuming personal finance content
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative attitude
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.