Careers / Positions Staff Accountant - Health
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Based on our company growth and recent acquisitions, we are currently seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our team. This person will be responsible for the financial accounting and analysis for multiple RVO Health's high growth business units. Ideal candidates will possess a fun, positive, energetic attitude and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. This position will have an immediate impact on RVO Health's business units and daily exposure to our executive leadership team.
This role will be participating in a hybrid work schedule and will require in-office work days.
What You'll Do
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries
- Support month-end closing process and preparation of company financial statements
- Support in maintaining and updating company’s financial records, including general ledger, fixed asset management, amortization schedules, and Capex/CIP reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of AR and AP subledgers to the General Ledger
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Ensure adequate financial and internal controls
- Perform financial analyses and special projects as requested
- Provide financial data to shareholders as requested
- Collaborate in process improvement initiatives, including formalization of control procedures for selected cycles
- Collaborate in special integration projects, including mapping of ERP and admin system dependencies, chart of accounts
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance with a strong academic performance
- 2+ years of prior accounting experience
- Proficiency utilizing financial systems and reporting packages
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Good organizational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player
- Good sense of humor!
"Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements."
- Starting Salary: $50,000 - $70,000K
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
- Starting Salary: $50,000 - $70,000K
Who We Are
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We will use the remainder of 2022 to separate from Red Ventures and fully transition into the new entity. We will communicate fully and transparently along the way, honoring the culture, people, processes and spirit that got us to this point.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.