Careers / Positions Principal Project Program Manager - RVO Health
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Optum Digital Program is a major RVO Health initiative consisting of numerous projects running concurrently, spanning all lines of business (Employer & Individual, Medicare & Retirement, and Community & State), along with Mobile work extending across all. The majority of information technology work involves the identification of needed data and their sources of truth, the extraction of that data and transmittal to our design and engineering teams for the purposes of display to our membership. There are feature deliverables on a weekly basis which emanate from those projects, requiring precision coordination. As a member of the Program Management Organization within Optum Digital, you will be leading the delivery of features for initiatives within the program. You will work with colleagues within the Product, Program, IT, and Design Experience teams to deliver highly visible, member-facing features. The colleagues within the program serve all lines of business and work closely with others to ensure high quality deliverables, on time, and adding tangible value.
What You'll Do
- Leading a team working on strategic initiatives crossing all lines of business and operating groups as a Program Manager, to coordinate and complete projects, define performance and results, and manage vendors and service providers
- Determine time frames, funding needs, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, allotment of resources to various phases of projects and lead others in the organization to make meaningful process improvements
- Developing tactical IT plans and participating in cost benefit analysis for assessment by Senior Leadership will also be necessary
- Make presentations to senior leadership, ensure project documentation is accurate and ensure projects are completed on time and within scope
- Pertinent data and facts will be reviewed to identify and solve issues and mitigate risks, prioritize your workload and work on ad hoc projects as assigned
- Coordinating and completing projects across various functional areas
- Managing project execution around systems, architecture and delivery of business value
- Anticipating issues and acting proactively to address potential issues and risks
- Providing subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on established project management techniques (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Managing, and accountable for, a variety of staff with a multitude of skill sets
What We're Looking For
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field and/or equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years of project management experience in an environment that employed both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- 5+ years of experience in tracking, planning projects, working with large data sets and making data-driven analytical decisions
- Leadership & mentoring experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Familiarity / working experience with tools (e.g., Aha!, CA Agile/Rally, Jira, Clarity) used to help manage / monitor Agile-like features, user stories, throughput, velocity, etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills, building and maintaining excellent relationships with teams of people from various lines of business and IT disciplines
- Healthcare insurance experience, not required but nice to have
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $97,000 - $153,000 *Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Equity and Bonus potential
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We will use the remainder of 2022 to separate from Red Ventures and fully transition into the new entity. We will communicate fully and transparently along the way, honoring the culture, people, processes and spirit that got us to this point.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.