Careers / Positions Senior Product Designer | Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We are seeking an experienced Senior Product Designer and critical thinker to join our growing Product Design Team. You'll play an instrumental role in developing core consumer-facing products for a large and diverse audience. You will join the Bankrate team in creating user-centered, digital experiences that help people make smarter financial decisions. This role calls for a passionate individual who is highly skilled in design thinking, user-centered design processes, and interface design. The right candidate for this role will be highly-organized and collaborative; with a passion for solving problems cross-functionally. But you won’t do it alone — you’ll have a collaborative cross-disciplinary team of designers, writers, engineers, product managers and researchers to support you.
What You’ll Do
- Lead strategy for complex, multi-step user flows across key Bankrate product experiences
- Plan and facilitate cross-functional gatherings to tackle large projects and gain alignment across position groups
- Understand business goals and solve complex problems while working with product teams to plan and build iterative solutions
- Collaborate with Research to incorporate user insights and feedback within your product designs workflow
- Create and execute detailed wireframes for both desktop and mobile platforms
- Prototype designs and interactions to clearly articulate your design intentions
- Turn wireframes into high fidelity design concepts
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to tackle product challenges, identify user pain-points and make recommendations to drive end goals
- Engage with the engineering team to understand API calls and technical restrictions
- Champion consumer-first led experiences and advocate for our users
- Present and share work with cross-functional teams to clearly communicate design rationale and the importance to end users
What We’re Looking For
- Portfolio and/or case studies of work showcasing product design and creative strategy
- 5+ years of experience in Product-focused, UX Design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with industry-leading design tools (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Proficiency building interactive prototypes (Figma, Principle, InVision, Axure etc.)
- Experience building and shipping web-based applications or software with end-to-end (both UX and UI) product design ability
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.