Careers / Positions Editor, Small Business | Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for an Editor to help build a new small-business category on Bankrate. The editor will be responsible for contributing to and executing on our strategy for small-business content and will use SEO and editorial best practices to edit articles that are highly visible on organic search.
This editor will be responsible for assigning content, updating existing stories, editing articles from freelance writers, and collaborating with the editorial and SEO teams on content creation. The editor should have solid editing skills, as well as strong project management, communication and content strategy skills. An ability to work well in a team setting is a must.
What You'll Do
- Identify, pitch, assign and edit SMB loans-related articles that rank on search
- Update existing content (guides, comparisons, news, etc.) for timeliness and accuracy
- Work closely with SEO analysts to identify priorities and execute a content strategy for a brand-new vertical
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends to detect content opportunities
- Edit content for AP style, brand voice and tone
- Check story drafts for errors, typos and linking opportunities
- Prepare, upload and maintain stories in our content management system (WordPress)
- Build industry connections within the small-business space
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of writing/editing experience
- Experience or knowledge in personal finance and small business
- Excellent research, writing and editorial skills, with the ability to effectively communicate edits to writers
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Experience meeting tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple projects
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities while keeping up with fast-paced content production processes
- Ability to edit content based on SEO concepts and best practices
- Ability to grasp the voice, style and tone of the Bankrate brand
- Ability to articulate program status, achievements, and milestones with business partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team and individually as needed
- An understanding of data and performance metrics
- Experience with AP Style
- Cash compensation range: $55,000-$102,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate