Careers / Positions RVO Health (Early Career Talent): 2023 Data Science Intern
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
RVO Health: Starting your Career
As an intern with RVO Health, you will skip the “entry-level” “grunt-work,” and start making a real impact on Day 1. As an RVO Data Science intern, you’ll find unparalleled opportunities to make a real impact and advance your career – fast.
Already know where you want your career to go? Looking to explore some options first? (“All of the above” is a perfectly valid answer.)
RVO Health offers the unique opportunity to gain valuable experience across a multitude of roles and teams. Our business leaders and mentors are hyper-focused on defining personalized career paths for our talent – setting you up to unlock enormous potential within the first few years of your career.
What You’ll Do
- Data Science interns transform millions of impressions and unstructured data from our digital properties into powerful insights that help us deepen connections between brands and consumers.
- Use advanced machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization techniques to build real-world solutions for online and offline decision-making
- Own data science projects from start to finish with limited guidance
- Collect and mine data from disparate data sources, digging deeper to understand the process behind the data
- Communicate effectively with business and data science leaders on project status, timeline and technical results
- Translate business opportunities into data science problems, clearly defining project scope + performance metrics to measure success
- We don’t believe in busywork, and we definitely don’t believe in wasting time or talent on “getting coffee.” As an RVO Health Intern, you’ll be expected to contribute new ideas, take ownership of meaningful projects, and make a real impact on our business.
What We’re Looking For
- Graduating Winter 2023 or Summer 2024
- June 2022 start date
- Experience solving complex problems through the use of predictive modeling
- Extensive experience in querying and processing data from complex relational databases
- Extensive training and knowledge in machine learning, statistical modeling and/or optimization.
- Expertise in deep learning, NLP, reinforcement learning, recommend systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data into actionable insights and communicate recommendations to leadership
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, with a track record of working well with business stakeholders
- Knowledge of digital attribution and digital data investigation and testing skills is preferred
- Statistical programming knowledge (e.g., R or Python) is required
Who We Are
RVO Health is a first-of-its-kind comprehensive consumer healthcare platform that meets people where they are in their personal journeys and connects them with both the information and the care they need.
RVO Health is a partnership between Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
RVO Health has the largest consumer health and wellness audience online. Every month, we help nearly 100 million people take steps on their daily journey to lifelong well-being.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline