Careers / Positions Social Media Director, Lonely Planet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Social Media Director brings years of experience and enthusiasm into this hybrid creative and strategic role. An agile problem solver with an awareness of brand strategy and voice across both editorial and sponsored content, this individual will foster and grow a team of content creators, managers and analysts, while also programming and growing Lonely Planet’s social platforms. An emphasis on Instagram and TikTok and a thorough understanding of video, photo, design, and contributor strategy are a must. This is an exciting opportunity for travel enthusiasts to make a big impact on a much beloved industry leader, one insightful sizzle at time.
What You'll Do
- Create, develop and maintain quarterly social media strategy across all owned and operated platforms that deliver against channel specific KPIs.
- Create Create and maintain social first franchises for editorial calendar and sponsored content opportunities, ensuring brand tone, voice and personality are consistent and elevated.
- Storytell through compelling, always-on content that drives high value engagement from audience and grows followers across all channels.
- Lead and manage the social video team from project start to completion, providing clear direction and timely, constructive feedback along the way that improves outputs and helps keep work on schedule and on budget.
- Create and maintain contributor networks for Instagram and TikTok.
- Mine and report meaningful analytics across all platforms to Senior Leadership Team.
- Work closely with Creative Director, Ad Ops, Video, Editorial and Design on cross functional projects that brand build and strategically leverage social media audiences.
- Work closely with Ad Ops to develop paid media strategy that ensures consistency in voice and quality across channels.
- Manage and foster growth of creators, programmers and analysts.
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of social media experience.
- 5+ years of people management and/or leadership experience.
- Deep and applied knowledge of social industries and trends.
- Content creation experience in a relevant space (copy, video, photo).
- Experience with project management software and social media tools (Asana, Canva, Photoshop/Premiere preferred).
- Experience creating and maintaining a social media strategy and calendar.
- Experience working with or alongside sponsored content/ad ops.
- Thrives working in collaborative, autonomous and agile environment.
- Passionate about the travel industry, relevant experience or knowledge is a plus!
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures