Careers / Positions Senior SecOps Engineer
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As a Senior Security Operations Engineer, you will be a core player that participates in and leads multiple security efforts. You will bolster and develop our defensive security capabilities, identifying threats to Red Ventures and its brands, developing and implementing countermeasures. You will also proactively identify and assess security risks and advise technical teams on mitigation strategies, all while being a great person to work with. In this role, you are expected to build and grow the skillsets of less experienced engineers on the team and build influence throughout the organization.
What You'll Do
- Engineer and automate custom detection and response capabilities to combat malicious and/or unwanted behaviors within the environment (enterprise, on-prem, and cloud)
- Stay up to date with TTPs that may apply to Red Ventures and define and implement mitigation techniques to improve our overall risk posture
- Conduct in-depth vulnerability assessments and security auditing of assets
- Exercise incident handling processes across Windows, Mac, Linux and Cloud platforms.
- Develop and improve processes for incident detection and the execution of countermeasures
- Recommend automated and proactive security measures to help improve our security posture
- Support consistent vulnerability management process
- Provide expert consultation on vulnerability risk and remediation to engineering teams
- Work with multiple teams and organizations, translating security and vulnerability requirements into terms both non-technical and technical implementers can use
- Consult with our security compliance team during security audits in order to demonstrate our technical security capabilities
- Mentor other members of the security team to help level-up those around you
- Contribute to the creation and upkeep of runbooks to handle security incidents
- Take part in the Security Operations on-call rotation, including leading all incident response efforts and documentation during your rotation
- Perform basic malware analysis.
- Produce high-quality written and verbal communications, recommendations, and findings to management.
What We're Looking For
- Strong technical knowledge and deep experience in security logging and monitoring, vulnerability assessment, risk-based analysis, and vulnerability mitigation.
- Experience with the above capabilities in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP a plus)
- Operational experience with Tenable or other vulnerability scanning tools
- Capable of leveraging scripting languages to solve practical day-to-day security challenges
- Good understanding of major security disciplines including defensive, offensive, architecture, engineering & software development
- Strong understanding of targeted attacks and able to create customized tactical and strategic remediation plans for compromised organizations.
- Experience conducting or managing incident response for organizations, investigating targeted threats.
- Top-notch problem diagnosis and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15%
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures