Careers / Positions Director of Social Media, CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
CNET’s Director of Social Media brings years of audience growth and engagement experience to this hybrid creative and strategic role. Driven by data and inspired by creative ideation, this individual will set the strategy for and guide a team of content creators, analysts, and campaign managers. They should be comfortable both setting strategy and communicating them to cross-functional stakeholders, generating new ideas, and quickly pivoting when opportunity strikes.
As CNET helps audiences navigate change, the Director of Social Media will drive the brand mission through rapid growth on platforms including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter with an emphasis on social video. Experience successfully leading strategy and growing audiences on these platforms is a must, as is a track record of arriving to new platforms early and effectively.
Along with a passion for storytelling and data fluency, the candidate must have experience working with Sales and Marketing teams to create opportunities for clients, quickly responding to client needs, and executing on sold social media campaigns. Reporting to the Vice President of Video and Social, the director will also work closely with CNET’s video team, partnering with producers, talent, editors, and video leadership to coordinate coverage across all platforms.
This role is ideal for someone who has strong instincts for turning content into audience growth, can manage multiple projects, analyze and action against data insights, and advocate for social media across all of CNET’s groups. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to make a big impact on an industry-leading brand.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement platform-first social media strategies and campaigns across various platforms that include TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, and other new platforms, emphasis on video.
- Create and maintain social-first franchises for editorial calendar and sponsored content opportunities, ensuring brand tone, voice and personality are consistent and elevated, working with and involving a wide variety of content teams.
- Partner with video leadership to flex talent, editing, shooting, and storytelling resources across horizontal and vertical video.
- Partner with CNET’s Sales and Integrated Marketing teams to create compelling social-first formats, series and channels, including branded content.
- Oversee the tracking and analysis of platform performance and turn those insights into actionable tactics early and often.
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of experience with and deep knowledge of social media and video required.
- Experience creating and managing emerging media strategies.
- Experience managing a team of creative individuals.
- Passion for the topics that CNET covers and the unique ways in which we help audiences navigate change.
- Ability to drive strategy to produce unique content that educates our readers and drives engagement.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET