Careers / Positions Senior Director of Product, Content Experience - Lonely Planet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
At Lonely Planet, we continue to evolve our offering to be a seamless travel guide to the modern explorer. Our experience goes beyond our iconic travel guidebooks to include a vibrant catalogue of influencer content, videos, reels, visuals and design inspired stories. We are looking for a talented leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who can embrace unconventional thinking and navigate ambiguity to build a best in class content user experience.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a bold rethinking of what’s possible in travel
- Oversee the Lonely Planet Content product organization and lead a cross-functional team towards an inspiring vision
- Create a product roadmap for the next 5+ years at Lonely Planet, focused on transforming the digital travel inspiration through content innovation
- Work fast. Balance the prioritization of this visionary roadmap with the need to optimize the growth, engagement, and monetization of LP’s digital properties in the short term
- Drive audience growth as well as user engagement and retention within the Lonely Planet ecosystem
- Explore the potential for a Lonely Planet community strategy, evaluating opportunities related to UGC, community-building initiatives, and potential avenues for monetization
- Collaborate closely with engineering, design, and editorial as well as other teams across the organization
- Work directly with senior leadership to design and execute overall business strategy and chart the future path of the Lonely Planet business
What We’re Looking For
- A true growth-stage product owner with an entrepreneurial spirit that is flexible, experimental, and resourceful
- A motivational team leader with a keen ability to coach and mentor passionate product managers and build out a robust product organization for the future
- Ability to see beyond the current landscape and anticipate innovation to unlock future opportunities. Ability to clearly communicate the vision to gain buy-in and resources to capitalize on those opportunities
- Experience framing a product strategy in the context of business goals and consumer needs, considering ROI, business objectives, unit economics, consumer need, and competitive differentiation as a part of every investment
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and executional level; ideate and directly execute, leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data to help you make decisions
- Experience driving large, complex projects forward with high-performing cross-functional teams against tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build solid relationships across the organization
- 8+ years of product management experience, with significant experience in organizational leadership and management
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures