Careers / Positions Vice President of Product - CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The VP of Product will be responsible for setting and executing a holistic product strategy across our portfolio of brands and leading the team responsible for building and monetizing the products. This leader will work closely with executive leadership to develop our long term product vision as well as set shorter term OKRs aligned to revenue, audience, consumer LTV and engagement KPIs.
We are looking for someone with senior leadership experience in delivering a fast paced company which has a portfolio of digital products at different stages of maturity. You will be able to make solid decisions based on data and insights and execute rapidly to successfully scale the company’s products that are right for our customers and partners.
What You'll Do
- Work with stakeholders to develop a cohesive product strategy that enables audience and revenue growth and unlocks value for our users
- Pushes an innovation agenda and engages the wider organization to embrace a customer focused mindset
- Execute and improve upon our product delivery process from discovery to planning to deployment
- Perform competitive analysis and suggest investment cases for continued differentiation to create competitive advantage
- Maintain keen awareness of industry landscape to a leadership role in generating new, innovative ideas and staying abreast of market trends
- Make data driven decisions using existing analytics data, as well as defining new data points that will enable future enhancements
- Define and report regularly on, and influence change in key metrics
- Foster a team culture of learning and experimentation and iteration
- Lead team of high-talent product managers and leaders as well as create career growth opportunities for existing team members
- Communicate clearly and directly with employees about performance expectations, productivity, and accountability
- Use exceptional communication strategies to create alignment and transparency both within product development teams and with stakeholder teams through the organization
- Represent the company in a professional manner in client, strategic partnership, and contractual discussions
- Drive product launches and go-to-market communications to customers and partners
- Lead cross-product prioritization and highlight potential risks in the proper venues
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned product leader with a demonstrable track record of delivering user and business value across a range of products. They will have substantial experience in consumer products, e-commerce, digital marketing, and data products. They will have a customer focused and leadership by influence mentality. They will be able to mentor and inspire their teams and teams that report into their engineering and design counterparts.
- Overall work experience of over 10+ years, including experience in e-commerce or digital media, preferably working on multiple consumer-facing websites or services
- Extensive experience with Agile or Kanban product processes
- Experience driving user-focused products with millions of users
- Experience launching and enhancing App (iOS/Android) and Browser Extensions, SaaS platforms, performance MarTech products as well as partner integrations that drive profitable revenue
- Knowledgeable about website development processes and capabilities, content management systems, and APIs
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to retain mental models of complex technical systems, and to explain those systems to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience managing and growing a team of multiple levels and diverse skill sets
- Familiarity with organic and paid search marketing tactics (SEO/SEM/PPC)
- Extensive background with landing page best practices and a A/B testing methodologies
- Outstanding business acumen, and the ability to synthesize product insights from analytics and metrics
- Entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to roll up your sleeves
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET