Careers / Positions Senior Data Scientist | Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures’ Financial Services industry group is looking for a senior data scientist to join our team. As a member of our team, you’ll be empowered to develop data science solutions from ideation all the way to putting your solution into production and seeing the real impact it has on our business. Our solutions aim to improve the financial journeys of the users who interact with our websites and digital products. We welcome candidates from different backgrounds and believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams.
What You'll Do
- Design and execute multi-disciplinary data science solutions effectively and efficiently.
- Partner with business leaders and work effectively across business, creative, and engineering groups to solve problems. Help build a positive culture across technical and business teams.
- Provide guidance to the broader data science community within RV on the design and execution of the data science projects, especially when relevant to expertise.
- Further the data science team’s technical capabilities by bringing novel methods from the field into RV through research, software development, and teaching others.
- Drive the development of junior team members through mentorship and coaching.
- Help create and promote an inclusive environment where team members feel comfortable and empowered.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ yrs of professional experience in a data science role with an MS or PhD in STEM with a focus in ML, statistical modeling, or optimization.
- Knowledge of end-to-end software development, deployment, and monitoring workflows.
- Ability to methodically understand business context, define value propositions, and formulate and solve complex data science problems.
- Ability to clearly articulate the “why” behind proposed data science solutions to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to own key deliverables and use problem solving to deliver projects on time and iterate when justified by potential, incremental value.
- Ability to intake business requests/priorities and then prioritize bodies of work, communicating project status, timeline, and technical results to broad audiences.
- Proficiency in one or multiple literate statistical programming languages such as R, Python, and Scala. Our data science team primarily builds production algorithms in python, but we are open to candidates with different backgrounds.
- Experience expanding the knowledge of a data science team on topics where you have specific expertise through teaching and mentoring.
- Experience leveraging technical expertise to identify the feasibility of potential data science projects, ensuring the team is delivering value on projects that are feasible.
- Experience developing skills specific to a specialization or expertise through research skills like literature reviews and communication of findings.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate