Careers / Positions Senior Data Analytics Engineer | CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a passionate Senior Data Analytics Engineer to join our Media & Commerce Data Team, which includes well known brands such as CNET, ZDNet and others. Our Senior Data Analytics Engineers drive business impact by bridging business, data, and tech organizations. We are looking for someone with the skills and the drive to impact our data teams across the enterprise.
What You'll Do
- Owns our Looker reporting product solution to provide value and insights to our leadership and business teams
- Design, build and optimize the Looker semantic layer and dashboards
- Design, develop and automate high-quality, scalable solutions across the entire data lifecycle, from raw data to powerful insights and analytics.
- Leverage extensive data modeling knowledge to design and deliver best-in-class analytics-ready data sets that result in high adoption of our transformed data
- Work with a cross functional team of engineers, analysts and scientists to understand business requirements and guide event schema creation.
- Clean and transform raw data into consumable information and business logic, curate user-ready datasets and visualization tools
- Expand our data warehouse with clean data ready for analysis
- Conduct data validation/QA to ensure it is of high quality, document all business logic, and ensures data models are running reliably in a production environment.
- Partner with data engineers to help define and improve our internal data infrastructure
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience working with Data Warehouses (eg. Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake)
- 2+ years of LookML and Looker specific experience
- Advanced knowledge of SQL & Python for data analysis
- Experience maintaining and debugging LookML code, building user-friendly Explores, and defining caching policies.
- Support reporting infrastructure and deployment pipeline (Looker, GitHub, pull request process)
- Experience working in a data organization with significant experience around user-based design plus user-based adoption KPIs/metrics
- Experience troubleshooting errors in data models.
- Experience orchestrating data analytics workflows (eg. Airflow, DBT)
- Experience analyzing data models and business requirements to create LookML objects.
- Experience optimizing queries, data modeling layer, and LookML for report performance
- Experience leading and driving projects and initiatives to completion
- Ability to work through ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamically changing business environment
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and ability to learn quick
- Ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely
- Excellent understanding of data development processes and agile methodologies
- Cash Compensation Range: $100,000 - $210,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET