Careers / Positions Analytics Engineer | EDU
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Analytics Engineer (AE) is a valuable bridge between the Business and Data teams. Our tech-focused Data Engineers (DEs) pipe data derived from digital marketing, web event and conversion sources into staging tables for our business-focused Data Analysts (DA), Data Scientists (DS), and Product Analysts (PA) to use to draw insights that drive marketing investment and customer experience decisions.
The AE is the link between these two worlds. You'll be able to transform data from a staged state into a presentation state, ready for the DA, DS, and PA teams to consume in order to draw those insights. You'll also be responsible for maintaining and creating dashboards to allow multiple business teams to visualize our performance and other metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
What You'll Do
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in our data and eventing model and represent the Data team in Product and Business meetings.
- Use your knowledge to guide these business-focused teams in the implementation of events during new features.
- Build compelling visualizations and interactive dashboards that enable us to democratize analytics.
- Implement and train others on best practices when creating dashboards, analytics queries, and data lineage documentation.
- Support data deep dives from the DA and PA teams when investigating trend behavior (and occasionally discrepancies).
- Contribute to RV-wide AE initiatives and learnings; AE is a relatively new role at RV, you will be helping to blaze a path for future AEs
What We're Looking For
- Expertise in Tableau especially in dashboards that draw from multiple data sources
- The ability to document data concepts and diagrams with clarity, regularity, and visual appeal
- Expert-level communication skills with the ability to target your delivery to different audiences depending on context
- A background and very keen interest in data and its utility and beauty
- Insatiable curiosity: asking why we're doing x or what we hope to answer by doing y
- Patience with others who don't have your SME knowledge and the ability to upskill business teammates in technical concepts
- The drive to IMPROVE processes, your team, and yourself
- Autonomy and the ability to calculate, to communicate, and to adhere to deadlines
- 2-3 years’ experience in building SQL queries across large and complex relational databases
- Experience with Google Analytics and Looker
- Familiarity with marketing, web, and advertising technologies like Google Analytics, Optimizely, Iterable, Google Tag Manager, Salesforce, etc.
- Familiarity with Redshift, PostgreSQL, or BigQuery
- Experience with Python and Command Line tools
- This role is similar to a Business Intelligence Engineer, but with expanded capabilities, so if you're a BI who has the will, we can teach the added skills
- Cash Compensation Range: $80,000- $145,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures