Careers / Positions SEO Associate, Education
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Education vertical at Red Ventures is seeking advanced marketers experienced in Search Engine Optimization, including content marketing and technical SEO skillsets. As an SEO Associate, you’ll support one or more of our functional teams, such as BestColleges.com, NurseJournal.org, and a range of education brands and report directly to the Sr. SEO Team Lead. A successful SEO Associate on EDU is someone who can implement SEO tactics well, willing to try and fail at new ideas/experiments, and someone who is willing to collaborate, engage, and grow with the SEO team.
Being an SEO Associate at Red Ventures means doing all the things you have always “wanted to do,” but never had the time or resources to do at your previous job. It means working alongside an expert Editorial team, advanced Engineers, and a world-class Design team to create a robust SEO strategy to drive brand visibility for a diverse set of websites. SEO strategy at Red Ventures moves fast, so you will have a data science and analytics team fully dedicated to creating SEO products and tools that give you access to more data and better insights, meaning you spend less time on SEMrush and more time making decisions that impact the business. An SEO Associate is an integral part of a successful marketing strategy.
This will be a hybrid role based out of our South Charlotte office. Tuesday-Thursday will be in office.
What You'll Do
- Implement Content/On-Page SEO, Technical SEO, and Off-Page SEO strategy, collaborating with Editorial, UX, and creative teams.
- Analyze organic search landscapes to find opportunities that drive valuable traffic and bottom-line value for the business in collaboration with our experience and business teams.
- Test, innovate, and build custom experiments with our Product, Outreach, and Sr SEO teams.
- Leverage proprietary in-house marketing tools to inform strategic decisions with data.
- Focus on improving brand visibility through organic rankings to drive full funnel visibility via traffic volume, as well as conversions that impact the bottom-line P&L.
- Keep our sites and pages technically optimized for mobile users and search performance - including information architecture, schema management, semantic HTML, page speed, and other components of crawling and indexing performance.
What We're Looking For
- Passionate about innovating in organic search, don’t accept theories at face value, and enjoy testing to prove effectiveness of tactics.
- A self-starting, curious, proven performer with at least 1 year of experience in SEO.
- Innovative, on-the-spot, creative problem solver who demonstrates both technical and analytical skills
- The ideal candidate will have strong data analytics skills; able to pull & manipulate multiple datasets to inform strategy with data.
- Candidates must be comfortable measuring, interpreting, and making fast-paced decisions based on large volumes of marketing performance data.
- Familiar with a number of SEO suites and tools including: SEMRush, Ahrefs, Botify, SEOclarity, and Screaming Frog.
- Experience (or willingness) working in the weeds with data using tools such as Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, Data Studio, Tableau, Google Cloud Projects/Big Query, Google Search Console, SQL, and other common reporting platforms.
- Comfortable with basic HTML for on-page SEO tactics.
- Able to communicate with Engineering teams for Technical SEO fixes.
- Comfortable working with business leaders in forecasting, competitive analysis, and business modeling.
- Cash Compensation Range: $65,000 - $80,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
- Mental Wellness Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures