Careers / Positions Accounting Manager
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our Accounting team. This person will be responsible for a wide-range of Accounting functions.
This role will be participating in a hybrid work schedule - Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday will be in-office work days.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with leadership to actively engage in the technical and professional development of staff, including detailed review of work products for identification of improvement opportunities and coaching of all staff levels.
- Oversee and manage the timely completion of all work performed by staff, including strategic planning of responsibilities and workload.
- Review and perform account analysis and reconciliation, including review of complex general ledger accounts.
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements.
- Analyze and review journal entries for all staff levels and accounts payable invoices.
- Prepare complex adjusting journal entries and analyze financial and budget information.
- Assist with the preparation of period-end financial statements and supplemental reports for multiple business units and varying business types.
- Provide technical accounting support and oversight for significant and complex transactions such as acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and others as well as new accounting standards.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and accounting standards such as ASC 606, FASB 86, and other fixed asset and capitalization guidelines.
- Assist with the annual external audit processes.
- Utilize existing accounting systems to automate processes and reporting where appropriate.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance. CPA is a plus.
- At least 8+- years of professional experience in accounting, financial reporting, or public accounting role with previous direct management experience.
- Proficiency utilizing financial systems and reporting packages as well as Microsoft Office products.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective Leadership, excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Workday is a plus.
- Must be a team player and possess a good sense of humor.
- Cash Compensation Range: $100,000 - $150,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures