Careers / Positions 2023 Launch Program: Associate Accountant
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Skip the “entry-level grunt-work,” and start making a real impact on Day 1. As an Associate Accountant with Red Ventures, this role is tailored to supporting you as you begin your career and unlocking your potential - you’ll find unparalleled opportunities to make a real impact and advance your career – fast.
You’ll start with a cohort of other college grads who become your built-in support system as you navigate the start of your career.
RV is a great place to jump start your career, offering a variety of opportunities to learn, grow, and build your experience. You’ll have access to business leaders and mentors who are invested in your growth and focused on helping you forge your career path.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in preparing and entering monthly journal entries
- Support month-end closing process and preparation of company financial statements
- Collaborate in process improvement initiatives, including formalization of control procedures for selected cycles
- Collaborate in special integration projects, including ERP implementation and mapping admin system dependencies
- Maintaining and updating company’s financial records, including general ledger, fixed asset management, accounts payable, and accounts receivable using generally accepted accounting principles and practices
- Assist in performing monthly detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Processing and recording cash receipts as well as requests for approved and documented disbursements
- Assist in ensuring adequate financial and internal controls
- Assist in preparing documentation for external auditors
- Assist in performing financial analyses and special projects as requested
What We’re Looking For
- Graduating Spring 2023
- May or July 2023 cohort start date
- Accounting or Finance major
- Knowledge of debits/credits
- Experience working in Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- A demonstrated track record of success academically or in prior internships, with experience proactively taking ownership of important projects
- Intellectual curiosity with a desire to work with data sets and compelling business challenges
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Scrappy, tenacious, and self-motivated
- BUT - also a team player with no ego, a competitive spirit, and great sense of humor
- Passionate about working in a dynamic, fast-paced, performance-driven environment
- A steady desire and commitment to get better every day
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Bankrate, The Points Guy, Lonely Planet, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures