Careers / Positions Digital News Editor, Nursing News & Advice - NurseJournal.org
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is seeking a news editor to help accelerate growth of our News & Advice section on NurseJournal.org. We're looking for someone with journalism or newsroom experience who can oversee a team of writers covering news and industry trends that affect both student and professional nurses as well as other healthcare workers. This position requires an interest in current events in nursing and healthcare, precision storytelling and editing, and experience managing an editorial calendar. You will be responsible for assigning breaking news, upholding editorial standards and guidelines, high-level editing for clarity and organization, and helping to lead content strategy and ideation. You should be nimble, creative, and curious, capable of anticipating trending issues and stories. Experience covering news and topics in the nursing or healthcare space is a plus. A collaborative mindset and ability to work as part of a team is a must.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of writers covering a variety of topics relevant to nurses, nursing students, and other healthcare workers, including current events and breaking news, human interest stories and features, product roundups, and trending topics.
- Monitor news and trends related to nursing and healthcare to pitch and execute on story ideas.
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar.
- Receive pitches, assign stories, and provide editorial feedback to writers and copy editors.
- Collaborate closely with our nurse contributors during article ideation and production to ensure expertise and authority is present across all News & Advice content.
- Uphold and define editorial guidelines and best practices.
- Oversee copy editors, approve pieces for publishing, and provide high-level edits for clarity, facts, and organization when needed.
- Help manage the production workflow of an editorial calendar with multiple inputs.
- Help define content goals by working collaboratively with other teams, including publishing, marketing, and SEO.
- Learn and employ SEO best practices to ensure content is highly visible in search engines.
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in a newsroom or related journalism experience.
- Ability to identify, assign, and edit breaking news on a quick turnaround
- Experience managing a team of writers and/or editors.
- Familiarity or experience in the nursing and healthcare space is a plus, but not required.
- A bachelor's degree in journalism, English, creative writing, or a related field.
- A portfolio of published work or writing samples.
- In-depth research skills and high attention to detail.
- Strong familiarity with AP Style and journalism fundamentals.
- Self-motivated with a track record of success managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices.
- Cash Compensation Range: $55,000 - $85,000*
- Note: actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
- Mental Wellness Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures