Careers / Positions Engineering Manager | TPG
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is seeking a results-oriented and collaborative Engineering Manager to lead the software group attached in one of the highest-value business units in the Red Ventures portfolio. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in management and mentorship, as well as experience with paid media and a hands-on technical background in a Next.js stack.
This position is to support a confidential paid media partnership with a large financial services and travel company, and sits inside the Red Ventures Travel group alongside our owned and operated brands: Lonely Planet, The Points Guy, and ExpertFlyer.
At Red Ventures, we operate companies on a variety of business models across a range of industry verticals, including travel, financial services, home services, telecom, higher education, and media. Our greatest asset is our people, and the culture we create to help those people grow and succeed. Our engineering leadership should be technically opinionated, capable, and work with a strong bias to action. You should also be passionate about mentoring junior talent from a diverse range of backgrounds, willing to help leaders in other functional areas build up their people, and methodical about building great relationships in a fast-paced environment.
This engineering team has recently transitioned their primary technology stack to a Next.js frontend. On the consumer-facing front end, we run an aggressive experience testing program that employs a range of testing and targeting techniques, including advanced data science and personalization models. You would also be responsible for overseeing a small backend team that equips our business stakeholders with data for making strong decisions, automates our operations, and facilitates enterprise integrations with the brand partner. We are looking for someone to join the leadership team and help drive strategy across both talent and technology.
What you’ll do
- Business value delivery: Ensure incremental value delivery and high-quality standards for teams you’re working with. Support these teams’ strategic work in collaboration with our Marketing, Paid Search, Compliance, Program Management, and Design organizations.
- Learning and Development: Attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent. Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management support. Conduct regular 1:1, goal setting, and feedback conversations with engineers to ensure their well-being and team health and support them in their learning and development. Continuously work to improve inclusion and belonging on your team and within our organization.
- Process and Product: Maintain high levels of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration. Continue to iterate our ways of working in an Agile environment.
- Leadership: Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the Red Ventures engineering organization.
- Technical work: Help grow the expertise of your teams in performance, reliability, resilience, scalability, maintainable architecture, and experimentation. This position will involve some hands-on coding.
What we’re looking for
- People development: You have at least two years of experience building and leading software development teams and delivering working software together with them. Your experience includes hiring, as well as having engineers directly reporting to you and supporting them in their growth.
- Technical Expertise:
- Experience with GraphQL and headless CMSs
- Experience using and maintaining design systems and component libraries.
- Working knowledge of marketing, analytics, and ad targeting technologies. Paid search experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of modern front end table stakes for top brands: accessibility, performance optimization, monitoring and alerting best practices, and visual regression testing.
- Experience working with back-end technologies such as C#, Golang, PHP, or Node
- Hybrid work: You bring experience working with distributed teams.
- Delivery: You are knowledgeable about modern software engineering practices and how to apply them in different teams. You believe in agile and lean values. You have a track record of using these methods in practice and continuously delivering business value.
- Leadership: You are a servant leader, an effective communicator, and a strong collaborator who emphasizes continuous learning, and you know what it takes to build strong, productive teams. You thrive on developing people and building inclusive teams.
- Learning: You bring action orientation and a drive to continuously improve the teams you work with.
- Communication: You’re an effective communicator and bring strong feedback skills to your teams.
- Cash Compensation Range: $130,000- $210,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures