Careers / Positions Senior Staff Accountant
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is a portfolio of brands and digital platforms that improves every aspect of the consumer journey, helping people make better decisions while unleashing transformative growth for our businesses and partners. There are two sides of our business, both aimed at improving every step of the consumer journey - from first discovery of information, throughout the decision-making process, and through transactions. Our teams of journalists and industry experts publish world-class content and build loyal audiences, where editorial integrity is key. Everything we do is powered by our world-class platform of technology, data and deep digital expertise.
The role of Red Ventures Interactive Senior Accountant will include managing the monthly revenue recognition process for CNET Media Group global properties, the monthly international payroll accounting responsibilities, balance sheet reconciliation and reporting related to the above. Support the Accounting Manager in delivery of revenue and payroll related areas of annual audit and the Tax Accountant in tax reporting plus performing other accounting duties as assigned.
- Management of revenue process documentation
- Management of payroll process documentation
- Ensuring adequate financial and internal controls
What we are looking for
- An experienced professionally qualified accountant together with 3-5 years in a commercial environment, technically strong in both management accounting with a good understanding of revenue recognition practise in a media company
- A strong team player with a keenness to share knowledge and develop other team members, while holding the ability to drive projects independently.
- A strong communicator with the ability to identify key internal business partners and work collaboratively on business goals and projects
- An individual with exception attention to detail skills, proven time management and a proactive approach to problem solving
- An individual with the ability to remain focused on key priorities, while evaluating system and process improvement
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency utilising financial systems and reporting packages, experience with Workday, Operative, Salesforce a plus
- Good organisational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An individual who can deliver on all the above with composure, good humour and with a willingness to be flexible to ensure the job responsibilities are delivered
- Cash Compensation Range: £50, 000 - £55, 000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Who We Are
- Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit redventures.com.
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
- Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures