Careers / Positions Senior Product Manager | Lonely Planet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
At Lonely Planet, we continue to evolve our offering to be a travel platform for the modern explorer. In addition to our iconic travel guidebooks, we are building a connected ecosystem that enables engaged travelers to discover the world seamlessly, whether that means planning trips themselves or outsourcing the legwork to an expert.
We believe that travel is for everyone. It helps us learn about ourselves and the world around us. Our goal is to help more people from more backgrounds to experience the joy of exploration. Because ultimately, we believe that this helps build a kinder, more inclusive, more open-minded world. To deliver on this goal, we are expanding our Product team and looking to bring on a Senior Product Manager to help us build great trip planning products.
What You'll Do
- Lead user-centric products redefining what’s possible in travel
- Lead and create Lonely Planet’s trip planning and itineraries strategy (12 months+)
- Collaborate with design, tech and product stakeholders to build and execute the long-term roadmap
- Create monetization strategy for new trip planning and itineraries products and meet revenue targets
- Prioritize features and new initiatives that solve user pain points with their travel planning process while meeting key business objectives
- Determine use cases and requirements for user segmentation
- Collaborate with UX Team to organize usability tests and A/B Testing
- Define detailed requirements and user stories; work with design and engineering to determine feasibility and tradeoffs.
- Define key KPIs to measure the product, audience and business success of the features your team creates
- Manage and develop product and customer experience analyst(s)
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of product management experience and a portfolio of work that backs it up
- A true growth-stage product owner with an entrepreneurial spirit that is flexible, experimental, and resourceful
- Ability to see beyond the current landscape and anticipate innovation to unlock future opportunities. Ability to communicate the vision to gain buy-in and resources to capitalize on those opportunities
- Experience with Agile environments, user testing, A/B testing and leveraging data for decision making
- Ability to keep business and strategic goals top of mind while prioritizing daily work needs. (Think strategically and execute methodically)
- You are highly analytical, with an ability to influence and drive decisions using both quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience driving large, complex projects forward with high-performing cross-functional teams against tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build solid relationships across the organization
- Able to collaborate with data science and technology teams to leverage ML models to enhance and personalize the user experience
- Cash Compensation Range: $100,000 - $243,750*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures