Careers / Positions Senior Application Security Engineer | Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Financial Services vertical is looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer. As a Senior Application Security Engineer at Red Ventures, you will be a core player that participates in and leads multiple security efforts. You will work closely with development teams, product managers, and our enterprise teams to ensure that Red Ventures brands and products are secure. You will proactively identify and assess security risks and advise technical teams on mitigation strategies, all while being a great person to work with.
What you’ll do
- Advise product, platform engineering and application development teams as their security SME, providing guidance on Red Ventures standards and industry best practices.
- Design and implement automated and proactive security measures to help improve our security posture
- Drive the vulnerability remediation / patch management process within an industry group
- Lead application security reviews and threat modeling, including code review and dynamic testing.
- Work with multiple teams within an industry group, translating security requirements into terms both non-technical and technical implementers can use
- Lead initiatives to holistically address multiple security vulnerabilities or gaps found in a functional area.
- Scope and assist in penetration testing engagements
- Provide input and help shape company-wide security policies, standards, and initiatives
What we’re looking for
- Strong understanding of and hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure/networking and related security controls and best practices (AWS, GCP a plus).
- Experience with OWASP, static/dynamic analysis, and common secure application development practices.
- Strong understanding and experience with common security libraries, security controls, and common security flaws.
- Experience implementing security solutions that resolve security and business risk trade-offs
- Strong development or scripting experience and skills.
- Familiarity with security frameworks such as NIST CSF, ISO 2700x, CIS 18, etc.
- Excellent and professional communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to articulate complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
- Be able to think both offensively (like a hacker) and defensively (evaluating product security and security architecture)
- Cash Compensation Range: $130,000- $225,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate