Careers / Positions TikTok, Social Media Manager | Lonely Planet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The TikTok Social Media Manager brings content creation experience and enthusiasm for travel to this dynamic role, which owns the daily programming and growth of Lonely Planet’s TikTok channel. A thorough understanding of social video, photo, and copy is a must, along with an awareness of brand strategy and voice across both editorial and sponsored content. This is an exciting opportunity for travel enthusiasts to make a big impact on an industry leader and introduce it to new audiences, one insightful video at a time.
What You'll Do
- Storytell through compelling, always-on TikTok content that drives high-value engagement from audience and grows followers.
- Manage daily TikTok community management, ensuring brand tone, voice and personality are consistent and elevated.
- Work with Social Media Director and social team to ideate, develop, and maintain social-first franchises for TikTok that deliver against channel-specific KPIs and ladder up to overall brand strategy.
- Identify relevant social and travel industry trends for in-the-moment content creation opportunities.
- Collaborate with Lonely Planet’s video team to scale and repackage content from other brand channels with an eye for TikTok.
- Work cross functionally with editorial and sponsored content teams to interpret and elevate content for TikTok audience.
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of social media and/or content creation experience.
- Content creation experience across short-form video including editing and social copy, with a portfolio showcasing past work.
- Comfortable appearing on camera.
- Deep and applied knowledge of social industries and trends on TikTok.
- Experience scaling editorial content to social channels.
- Passionate about the travel industry, with relevant experience or knowledge (or interest in learning!).
- Experience with project management software and social media tools (Asana, Canva, Photoshop/Premiere preferred).
- Thrives working in a collaborative, autonomous, and agile environment.
- Cash Compensation Range: $68,750 - $112,500*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures