Careers / Positions Senior Editor, Points & Miles | The Points Guy
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a Senior Editor who will be responsible for executing on strategy for points and miles content on ThePointsGuy.com. This editor will be responsible for assigning new content, coordinating updates of existing content, editing pieces from both internal and freelance writers, and collaborating with the editorial team on other content creation to drive key business initiatives. Coverage will range from the latest points and miles news to in-depth educational pieces about loyalty programs to bolster our library of longer-form features and guides.
In addition to overseeing the editorial calendar, the Senior Editor will lead a team of writers, helping them hone their reporting skills while fostering a creative environment that consistently generates original story ideas. The ideal candidate will need to cultivate and leverage contacts throughout the travel industry so that TPG is the first to report on breaking stories and new items. A wide-ranging interest in travel, and specifically points and miles, combined with proven research skills and a quick yet detailed-oriented eye for editing are all extremely important.
This role will also function as a gatekeeper for content strategy and performance. Working closely with editorial leaders, SEO team members and various stakeholders across the organization, this person will help identify gaps and opportunities in TPG’s portfolio of content to develop high-quality, engaging content with a quick turnaround.
What You'll Do
- Identify, pitch, assign, and edit credit card-related stories.
- Produce high-quality, well-researched content at a fast pace.
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends to detect content opportunities.
- Identify ways to optimize our processes for the benefit of the department.
- Identify content needs, gaps and pain points—for both our audience and our internal strategy.
- Update existing content (guides, comparisons, news, etc.) for timeliness and accuracy
- Edit internally and externally produced content in line with AP style and brand voice and tone.
- Check story drafts for errors, typos, and linking opportunities.
- Prepare, upload, and maintain stories on TPG’s content management system (WordPress).
- Manage workload of full-time and freelance writers, communicating opportunities to boost content quality.
- Embrace opportunities to mentor growing writers and editors and coach them on best practices and our publishing process.
- Work closely with SEO and marketing analysts to develop a strategy to maximize content coverage and organic revenue.
- Work with various internal teams — including PR, social media, email, partnerships and other stakeholders — to strategize ways to amplify TPG’s points and miles footprint.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years writing/editing experience, ideally with an emphasis on travel and/or points and miles content creation/execution.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Experience with Google Analytics, AHREFS, Semrush, or other data-inquiry tools.
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities while keeping up with fast-paced content production processes.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple publishing projects.
- Ability to collaborate with editors, designers, engineers, project managers, and web development teams.
- Passion about content creation with a track record of ideating and executing on innovative approaches to deliver on strategic goals.
- Ability to translate complicated rewards structures into simple language with clear, actionable steps to meet the needs of experts and beginners alike.
- Extensive knowledge of various airline, hotel and credit card loyalty programs along with a network of contacts and sources.
- An overwhelming desire to HAVE FUN while educating and informing TPG’s audience about all things points and miles.
- Familiarity with AP style and using content style guides.
- Familiarity with HTML and SEO best practices is a plus.
Even if you don’t meet all of the above requirements, we still want to hear from you!
Cash compensation range: $75,000-$144,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures