Careers / Positions Writer, Insurance | Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a Writer who will be responsible for contributing to and executing on strategy for insurance content on Bankrate.com. This writer will focus on producing transactional content, and other types of news/evergreen content. Content ranges in coverage from auto, homeowners and life insurance topics for editorial, featured and GEO pages. The right candidate is able to identify opportunity areas to better align content with strategy and create quality content. This person will also be expected to manage competing priorities, quickly turnaround content and work closely with SEO, Outreach and PR teams.
What You'll Do
- Research and write all types of insurance-related content (guides, comparisons, news, transactional copy, etc.)
- Develop subject matter expertise by following competitors and monitoring industry news & trends
- Work closely with other teams (SEO, business analysts, etc.) to understand and execute content strategy
- Develop and grow a network of insurance industry sources to get regular scoops and pinpoint industry trends
- Be creative about covering industry content in new and engaging ways
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of writing SEO content for a consumer audience, preferably within the personal finance space
- Excellent research, writing and editorial skills, with the ability to respond to edits
- Ability to write content based on SEO concepts and best practices
- Passionate about content creation and have a track record of coming up with innovative approaches to complicated topics
- Experience with AP style
- Experience with priority management
- Knowledge and interest in personal finance
- Auto, home or life insurance experience, including a demonstrated history of industry-related work
- Experience or interest as a media spokesperson (such as in TV, radio or podcast interviews) is a plus.
- Cash compensation range: $50,000-$96,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate