Careers / Positions Data Scientist | CNET Group
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As a Data Scientist at Red Ventures, you will create innovative solutions to solve business problems by using advanced machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization techniques and turning them into real world solutions for decision making online or offline. You will solve business critical problems inside a company that has a strong culture of measurement, testing, and optimization across all facets of its marketing and customer acquisition activities. You will see your contributions make a material impact to the business bottom line.
We welcome candidates from different backgrounds, as we believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams. Think of the bullets below as guidelines: if you only partially meet the qualifications on this posting, we encourage you to apply anyway!
This position will be located in our Charlotte, NC office on a hybrid schedule.
What You'll Do
- Understand business strategy and identify innovative data science opportunities that can lead to significant business impact in a rapidly growing business
- Set strategy and the execution plan for large data science initiatives, projects and programs to drive the business into its next evolution
- Bring relevant state-of-the-art data science technologies to the team and lead by example to establish best practices
- Mentor junior data science team members and serve as a subject matter expert both within CNET and in the broader Red Ventures data organization
What We're Looking For
- 3 - 4+ year’s experience as a Data Scientist or Master’s degree in STEM with specialization in machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization
- Strong knowledge of machine learning, predictive modeling, statistics and data science in general.
- Knowledge and experience in marketing channel optimization, customer behavior/journey modeling and prediction, reinforcement learning, NLP, LLMs, and/or product recommendation systems, etc. is highly desired
- Experience productionalizing ML models using APIs
- Proficiency in one or multiple data science programming languages such as R, Python and Spark
- Capability of communicating effectively with business and data science leaders on project status, timeline and technical results
- Proficient at collecting and mining data from disparate data sources, and willing to dig deeper and understand the process that creates the data
- Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Capable of translating business opportunities into data science problems and defining the right project scope and performance metric to measure success
- Committed team player who is proactive, takes ownership over the success of their projects, and works hard to support those around them
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
- Cash Compensation Range: $80,000- $120,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures