Careers / Positions Staff Accountant
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is excited to welcome a Staff Accountant to our team. This Staff Accountant will be responsible for the financial accounting and analysis for several business units. Ideal candidates will possess a fun, positive, energetic attitude and thrive in a fast-paced, and dynamic work environment. This position will have an immediate impact on Red Ventures and daily exposure to our executive leadership team.
This role will be participating in a hybrid work schedule - Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday will be in-office work days.
What You'll Do
- Preparing and entering monthly journal entries
- Support month-end closing process and preparation of company financial statements
- Maintaining and updating company’s financial records, including general ledger, fixed asset management, accounts payable, and accounts receivable using generally accepted accounting principles and practices
- Processing and recording cash receipts as well as requests for approved and documented disbursements
- Ensuring adequate financial controls
- Performing financial analyses and special projects as requested
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance with a strong academic performance
- 1-3 years of prior accounting experience
- Proficiency utilizing financial systems and reporting packages
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving abilities
- Good organizational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player
- Cash Compensation Range: $50,000-$80,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures