Careers / Positions Senior Engineer, Lonely Planet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is seeking a Senior Engineer to join our Print Platform team with Lonely Planet to help drive the future of our internal print production ecosystem.
As a senior engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining our existing legacy systems to support the print business for Lonely Planet. You’ll work directly with the Lonely Planet publishing teams to enable the print production workflow by adding features, managing security, and troubleshooting user issues.
In addition to building top quality services, you will work directly with other engineers and engineering teams to promote code standards and best practices, contribute to and develop technical documentation, and mentor and advise less experienced engineers. You’ll also contribute to the uplift of existing services from their legacy platform as part of a modernization upgrade project.
As a member of the Print Platform team, you will have the opportunity to work on mission-critical projects that will shape the core of our business. You will be able to apply your programming skills towards building quality services to deliver the flagship product of a highly-recognized, global brand. You will be part of a team that works together to explore new boundaries and test new technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Support and maintain cloud hosted Ruby and .Net applications
- Strategize, architect, develop, and deliver modern print production workflow solution
- Provision appropriate infrastructure to security and cost standards using Terraform
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, and Editorial teams to evaluate and deliver quality products and services
- Educate and mentor fellow engineers including code reviews, documentation, code walkthroughs, and pair programming
- Own technical problems and solutions with the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively when necessary
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of software development experience with Ruby on Rails, C#/.Net, React/Nextjs and Terraform. Ability to work in Python and Powershell a plus.
- Experience leveraging AWS services
- Experience with containerized, serverless, and event-driven architectures
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ideal team players: hungry, humble, and smart! We value those who are curious and strive to be great people to work with
- The ability to prioritize, strategize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Cash Compensation Range: $120,000-$150,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures