Careers / Positions Senior Editor, Credit Cards | Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a Senior Editor who will be responsible for contributing to and executing on strategy for credit cards content on Bankrate.com. This position will leverage SEO best practices and advanced editorial expertise to create new content and optimize existing content.
This role will be responsible for ensuring the team of editors and writers hits its monthly production goals while maintaining our high-quality standards. The ideal candidate is a skilled editor with excellent leadership, project management, and communication skills, and has a strong understanding of SEO best practices and how they influence our content creation.
What You’ll Do
- Help guide the end-to-end production of our consumer-facing credit cards content
- Manage and coach internal editors and writers
- Stay up to date on the most current credit card news and offers in the marketplace
- Collaborate with SEO analysts to ideate on monthly content priorities
- Work with the PR and link-building teams on monthly projects and assignments
- Meet our high standards for editorial integrity, accuracy, and legal compliance on all content
- Schedule and lead collaboration meetings
- Provide regular updates on content production, performance, and key highlights
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of editing experience with SEO content, preferably within credit cards or personal finance
- Strong knowledge of the credit cards space
- Highly accountable operator who is process-oriented and able to update stakeholders on content production progress
- The ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders within the wider organization
- Comfortable delivering and receiving feedback with a willingness to coach and develop
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills, with the ability to edit and rewrite quickly on deadline
- Ability to adapt and able to reprioritize and organize resources accordingly
- Experience creating or editing content based on SEO concepts and best practices
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload
- General understanding of measuring content performance with analytics tools
- Cash compensation range: $75,000-$144,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate