Careers / Positions Director of Product Design, Lonely Planet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Lonely Planet is growing and we're looking for a Director of Product Design with a passion for user-centered design to join our creative team. Our designers collaborate on our most complex projects by using a deep level of strategy, industry/customer research and wireframing to drive the vision of our consumer-facing experiences. You’ll partner closely with our Product Management, Content Designers and Engineering teams to help drive creative & business strategy, lending creative direction, artifacts, and expertise along the way.
Travel is in our DNA. At Lonely Planet, we believe travel opens the door to the greatest, most unforgettable experiences life can offer. And we have learned that the best way to travel is putting yourself out there, leaving behind the everyday, immersing yourself, rather than just seeing the sights. Join us and help more people from more backgrounds experience the joy of exploration.
This position can be based in our Charlotte, NC or New York City office on a hybrid schedule.
What You’ll Do
- Lead an amazing product design team in the creation, launch, and growth of our Lonely Planet experiences
- Collaborate with Business Leads, Product Managers, Engineers, UX Researchers, Content Designers and Data Analysts to create and iterate world-class user experiences
- Present work to various stakeholders and partners, explaining the creative process and how concepts align with both business goals and customer needs
- Advocate for design standards and best practices across the organization
- Present industry leading creative work to partners and collaborate directly with external teams on delivering exceptional digital experiences
- Manage and mentor creatives and share your insights and experience in critique sessions
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years of design experience working on consumer-facing products
- A track record of success working directly and managing teams that deliver user value and business results
- Experience working within and building design systems and processes to organize creative artifacts
- Influential communication and presentation skills, bringing strong reasoning and data to support design decisions to stakeholders and external partners
- Experience leading workshops and facilitating collaboration across disciplines including executive leadership
- Experience collaborating, iterating, and testing with Product and Engineering to discover solutions that exceed user expectations
- Proficiency with industry-leading design tools (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Proficiency building interactive prototypes (Figma, Principle, InVision, Axure etc.)
- Experience building and shipping web-based applications or software with end-to-end (both UX and UI) product design ability
- A commitment to learning: about the travel industry, our businesses, evolving standards, and most importantly our users’ needs and pain points
- Cash Compensation Range: $120,000-$225,000*
- Enrollment in Red Ventures Long Term Incentive Plan (Equity)
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures