Careers / Positions SEO, Senior Associate | CNET Group
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
CNET, a leading tech publishing brand internationally for over 25 years, is seeking an experienced Senior SEO Associate to help drive growth through our organic strategy. This role will encompass building and evolving our SEO strategy for one of our assets including content marketing and technical SEO responsibilities.
Being a Senior SEO Associate at Red Ventures allows you to work alongside an expert Editorial team, advanced Engineers, and a world-class Design team to create a robust SEO strategy to drive brand visibility for a diverse set of websites. SEO strategy at Red Ventures moves fast, so you will have a data science and analytics team fully dedicated to creating SEO products and tools that give you access to more data and better insights, meaning you spend less time on SEMrush and more time making decisions that impact the business. A Senior SEO Associate is an integral part of a successful marketing strategy.
This role is to be based out of our South Charlotte area office or our NYC area office with in-office days Tues-Thurs each week.
What You'll Do
- Set Content/On-Page SEO, Technical SEO, and Off-Page SEO strategy from the ground up, collaborating with world-class Editorial, UX, and creative teams.
- Analyze organic search landscapes to find opportunities that drive valuable traffic and bottom-line value for the business in collaboration with our experience and business teams.
- Test, innovate, and build custom solutions with our world-class digital marketing, data science, and big data talent.
- Leverage proprietary in-house marketing tools to inform strategic decisions with data.
- Focus on improving brand visibility through organic rankings to drive full funnel visibility via traffic volume, as well as conversions that impact the bottom-line P&L.
- Keep our sites and pages technically optimized for mobile users and search performance - including information architecture, schema management, semantic HTML, page speed, and other components of crawling and indexing performance.
What We're Looking For
- Strategic brand road mapping, navigating the big picture through execution including web design, category expansion, and content planning.
- Experience coaching direct reports, managing performance, creating a vision, and setting goals for a team.
- Passionate about innovating in organic search, don’t accept theories at face value, and enjoy testing to prove effectiveness of tactics.
- A self-starting, curious, proven performer with at least 3-4 years of experience in SEO.
- Innovative, on-the-spot, creative problem solver who demonstrates both technical and analytical skills
- Strong data analytics skills; able to pull & manipulate multiple datasets to inform strategy with data.
- Comfortability with measuring, interpreting, and making fast-paced decisions based on large volumes of marketing performance data.
- Familiarity with a number of SEO suites and tools including: Moz, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Botify, and/or Screaming Frog.
- Experience working in the weeds with data using tools such as Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, Data Studio, Tableau, Google Cloud Projects/Big Query, Google Search Console, SQL, and/or other common reporting platforms.
- Comfortable with basic HTML for on-page SEO tactics.
- Able to communicate with Engineering teams for Technical SEO fixes.
- Comfortable working with business leaders in forecasting, competitive analysis, and business modeling.
- Tech, Wellness, or E-commerce experience is a huge plus but not required
- Cash Compensation Range: $90,000 - $162,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Mental Wellness Benefits
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET