Careers / Positions Principal Data Scientist | Causal Inference | CNET Group
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We are seeking a highly skilled Principal Data Scientist with expertise focused on the latest techniques in causal inference and experience applying those within a marketing setting. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with large and complex datasets to generate performance and attribution models. They will be responsible for developing and implementing cutting-edge causal inference techniques to help drive business decisions and optimize marketing strategies.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement state-of-the-art causal inference techniques to measure the impact of marketing campaigns on business outcomes.
- Analyze large and complex datasets to identify causal relationships between marketing campaigns and business outcomes.
- Build and deploy machine learning models to optimize marketing strategies and improve business outcomes.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including marketing, product, and analytics to develop insights and recommendations based on data analysis.
- Communicate findings and insights to key stakeholders through clear and compelling data visualizations and presentations.
- Collaborate with data engineers to develop and maintain data pipelines and infrastructure necessary for data analysis and model deployment.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in causal inference techniques and contribute to the development of new methodologies and/or tooling to optimize and drive performance.
What We're Looking For
- A PhD, Masters, or equivalent years of experience in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics or related field.
- Extensive experience with various causal inference methods such as double/debiased machine learning, instrumental variables, and synthetic control methods.
- Proven experience applying causal inference techniques in a marketing setting.
- Strong proficiency in machine learning techniques and programming languages such as Python or R.
- Experience deploying ML models using APIs
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate complex data insights to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively to identify new opportunities for business growth.
- Committed team player who is proactive, takes ownership over the success of their projects, and works hard to support those around them
- Cash Compensation Range: $200,000- $250,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures