Careers / Positions Personal Finance Writer — Credit Cards, Bankrate & CreditCards.comApply Now
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a talented and insightful Credit Cards Writer who will be responsible for writing transactional and educational content on Bankrate and CreditCards.com. The Writer will contribute credit card reviews, write and refresh “best of” pages, update legacy articles and collaborate on editorial projects with editors and SEO team members.
This role focuses primarily on writing and updating credit card reviews and “best of” roundups. The Writer may also occasionally contribute to credit card news and educational pieces about credit scores, account management, earning and redeeming rewards, business credit, loyalty programs, and points and miles content.
What You’ll Do
- Produce high-quality, well-researched content at a strong pace, especially credit card reviews and “best of” roundups
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends to detect content opportunities
- Use SEO best practices and internal documentation to identify the highest-potential content refresh opportunities
- Conduct SEO research to inform writing work while also collaborating with the SEO team
- Update existing content (guides, comparisons, news, etc.) for timeliness and accuracy
- Write following AP style and brand voice and tone
- Check story drafts for errors, typos and linking opportunities
- Occasionally identify, pitch and write credit card-related stories on educational topics
- Use Asana, Google Sheets and our Content Management Systems as part of our editorial workflow for tracking and production
- Embrace opportunities to mentor growing writers
- Work with our Compliance team to ensure content is legally compliant before publishing
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years writing/editing experience
- Experience with writing credit card content, especially product-focused content. Alternatively, writing bylines at top publications with a strong interest in the credit card and personal finance space
- Deep familiarity and experience with Google’s ever-evolving search landscape, including EEAT and other similar considerations
- Eager to write about credit card products and rewards programs that you personally use and recommend
- A portfolio of writing samples that showcase attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities while keeping up with content production pace
- Experience meeting tight deadlines while working independently
- Ability to collaborate with editors, designers, SEO team members, project managers and publishers
- Passionate about content creation and have a track record of coming up with innovative approaches to complicated topics
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices for YMYL content and EEAT storytelling principles
- Familiarity with AP style and using content style guides
- Cash Compensation Range: $50,000 - $108,000
*Note: actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures